When my youngest son was about one, he put a golf club through the painting I’d been working on for months. Trust me, he did the world a favour.
After that, I thought ‘stuff this painting caper’ and I wrote my first book, His Brand of Beautiful. I’ve now written six full length rural romance stories and a novella all published by Harlequin (HarperCollins).
I also self-publish a series of two novellas set in my hometown of Cowaramup in Western Australia. This is the Butterfly House series, Who Killed The Bride? and Who Killed The Movie Star? They’re feel-good, romantic comedy/cozy mystery reads I describe as “a bit like Bridget Jones meets the Cowaramup Cows.”
The Chalk Hill Series is my best-selling rural romance series and Book 3, Last Bridge Before Home is my latest Australian release (December 2019). Chalk Hill is a fictional town set in the Great Southern Wine Region of Western Australia. You’d love it there. It has wildflowers, bush walks, crops, sheep, mountains, whales not far away, and some of the tallest trees you’ll ever see. Plus it has the Honeychurch boys… three gorgeous brothers, Jake, Abel and Brix. Each brother finds his happy ever after in these loosely-linked books.
You can find out more about my books by visiting the ‘My Books’ menu.
I am very proud to be represented by Haylee Nash of The Nash Agency.
LILY’S LIST OF COOL STUFF:
- Contributing author to 3-in-1 bestseller anthology, Under The Vines with Tricia Stringer and Jacquie Underdown. My story is The Vineyard In The Hills. The book released right in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic. March 23, 2020
- Author of The Chalk Hill series, three rural romance stories published in 2018 and 2019. Book 1: WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE; Book 2: THE CAFE BY THE BRIDGE and Book 3: LAST BRIDGE BEFORE HOME
- Number 1 on Amazon AU for the first time with THE VINEYARD IN THE HILLS
June 15, 2018
- Self published, The Butterfly House series. WHO KILLED THE BRIDE? and WHO KILLED THE MOVIE STAR? Two romantic comedies/cozy mysteries set in my hometown of Cowaramup.
- Contract from Harlequin MIRA (HarperCollins) for 3 book series, The Chalk Hill Series, May 2017.
- I sign an Agency Agreement with The Nash Agency, April 2017.
- Print release, THE VINEYARD IN THE HILLS, August 22, 2016
- ARRA Finalist 2015, Best Contemporary Romance, for THE VINEYARD IN THE HILLS (formerly, So Far Into You)
- Print anthology, Harlequin MIRA: MORE TIME FOR THE BEACH Summer 2015-16
- Long-listed 2014 and 2015, Margaret River Short Story Competition
- Romance panelist April 2015, STORIES ON STAGE, Koorliny Arts Centre
- Finalist: Perth’s Shortest Story Competition 2015
- Finalist: First Kiss competition, Romance Writers Of Australia, 2011
When I’m not writing, I love gardening, walking, wine, and walking in gardens (sometimes with wine). Life is good! I live in the Margaret River region of Western Australia with my husband, and two handsome sons who take after their Dad.
I’m a member of Australian Rural Romance
To contact me, email email@example.com
Thanks heaps for visiting here at my blog! If you’re interested in my books you can find all the blurbs and buy links in the ‘My Books‘ tab 🙂