I might have been a painter, except when my youngest son was about one, he put a golf club through the canvas I’d been working on for months. Trust me, he did the world a favour.
After that, I thought ‘stuff this painting caper’ and I wrote my first book, His Brand of Beautiful instead. I’ve now written four full length rural romance stories and a novella all published by Harlequin (HarperCollins).
While most of my work is rural romance, writing contemporary fiction also interests me. I have one novel finished, Ashes, inspired by the true story of a family member’s fight to recover from traumatic burns. I have a new idea for another contemporary title involving a dead body being dug up from a dam… watch this space 🙂
The Chalk Hill Series is my newest rural romance project. Book 1, Water Under The Bridge, will be available in print and ebook in March 2018. Chalk Hill is a fictional town set in the Great Southern Wine Region of Western Australia. You’d love it there. It has wildflowers, bush walks, crops, sheep, mountains, whales not far away, and some of the tallest trees you’ll ever see. Plus it has the Honeychurch boys… three gorgeous brothers, Jake, Abel and Brix. Each brother finds his happy ever after in these loosely-linked books.
You can find out more about my books by visiting the ‘My Books’ menu.
I am very proud to be represented by Haylee Nash of The Nash Agency.
LILY’S LIST OF COOL STUFF:
- Print release, WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE: Chalk Hill Book 1, out March 2018
- Contract from Harlequin MIRA (HarperCollins) for 3 book series, The Chalk Hill Series, May 2017.
- I sign with The Nash Agency, April 2017.
- Self published, WHO KILLED THE BRIDE? November 2016
- Print release, THE VINEYARD IN THE HILLS, August 22, 2016
- ARRA Finalist 2015, Best Contemporary Romance, for THE VINEYARD IN THE HILLS (formerly, So Far Into You)
- Print anthology, Harlequin MIRA: MORE TIME FOR THE BEACH Summer 2015-16
- Long-listed 2016, Booktopia’s Favourite Australian Novelist
- Long-listed 2014 and 2015, Margaret River Short Story Competition
- Anthology, COMING TOGETHER: STRANGE SHIFTERS, Tar Pit Triage Published October 2015
- Romance panelist April 2015, STORIES ON STAGE, Koorliny Arts Centre
- Finalist: Perth’s Shortest Story Competition 2015
- Finalist: First Kiss competition, Romance Writers Of Australia, 2011
When I’m not writing, I love gardening, walking, wine, and walking in gardens (sometimes with wine). Life is good! I live in the Margaret River region of Western Australia with my husband, and two handsome sons who take after their Dad.
I’m a member of Australian Rural Romance
To contact me, email email@example.com
Thanks heaps for visiting here at my blog!